10.10.2011

With Prayer and Hope

A whispered prayer, lifted to my heavenly father for two and a half years.   A desire so intense that the ache does not go away as the months have slipped by.

This morning the feelings of discouragement creep in as the morning takes on it usual busy routine that we call life.  

It feels as if I am reaching for the unattainable,

It feels like I am wanting something that will never happen.

Perhaps it is something that only a few are able to do, and I am not one of those "few".

The thoughts keeps coming and the discouragement is growing.

Then, I hear His voice, and I am reminded that He has heard and not forgotten.   Humbled and encouraged I will continue to pray and wait for His timing and hope for the future. 

“Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened."  Matthew 7:7-8 NKJV

  
Our lives are forever connected.  Prayers are lifted on behalf of each other.   Letters describing our life, desires, and dreams are exchanged.  Pictures sent back and forth.  Memory verses shared to encourage.   

My dream is that some day a letter can be sent saying "I am coming to visit.  Coming to give you a hug.  Coming to see you."  That is the prayer whispered from my lips and the desire that is burning deep in my heart.  

I want to travel the world, not to the finest destinations with all of the lights and attractions, rather to the remote villages where one of the young ones I know lives.   One who I have come to love.  One who is part of my family.   That is where my heart longs to be.   

He has provided in the past when I have earnestly asked and sought His will.  I have faith He will do it again, when the time is right.  Then it will be perfect, because it will be a gift from Him.  

No comments:

Post a Comment