10.25.2011

Broken Pieces

On the days that I find myself standing before God, broken pieces of my life in my hands, I wonder how a perfect God can love someone so broken, so imperfect. I see my failures, the times I didn't get it quite right, and I am discouraged. As I look at the pieces of my life, I wonder what it is He sees in me.

He picks up the broken pieces, different sizes and colors, and carefully arranging them with a plan in mind.   Just like a stained glass window, it is not until His light shines through that a brilliant work of art is created.   Not because of what I have done, but because of what He has done. 

I find it hard to always see myself as God sees me.   Too easily, I get focused on the failures, wondering how a perfect God can love someone who continually messes up.  But He does.   



"I pray that your hearts will be flooded with light so that you can understand 
the confident hope he has given to those he called—his holy people 
who are his rich and glorious inheritance.  
 I also pray that you will understand the incredible greatness 
of God’s power for us who believe him."
--Ephesians 1:18-19 NLT



A song, still lingering in my mind, has become a reminder.    A reminder that He is still working in my life, even though not every day is full of success and one that I feel good about.

All this pain
I wonder if I’ll ever find my way
I wonder if my life could really change at all
All this earth
Could all that is lost ever be found
Could a garden come up from this ground at all

You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of the dust
You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of us

All around
Hope is springing up from this old ground
Out of chaos life is being found in You

You make me new, You are making me new
You make me new, You are making me new
You are making me new.
Gungor "Beautiful Things"










No comments:

Post a Comment