10.14.2011

Five Minute Fridays: Catch

It is Friday and I am joining with Gypsy Mama for Five Minute Fridays.  If you would like to participate, join me here







1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. Most importantly: leave a comment for the person who linked up before you – encouraging them in their writing!



Five Minutes on Catch. 

Go. 


Nine and a half years ago, a friend of mine asked me if I would teach her children piano lessons.   Having never taught before, I was very nervous, but needing a little extra income, I agreed.   Fumbling my way through the first few year, this family was very patient with me as I was learning to be a teacher.  

As the years passed by and I gained more confidence, I began to love teaching piano and love working with the students that I have had throughout the years.   Music is a part of who I am.   I always hope and pray that my students will "catch" or develop the love for music that I have.   

This morning while reading through the blogs I follow, one of my students posted the video below on his blog.  The music itself brought tears to my eyes because it spoke to me in a way that I cannot describe, let alone try in five minutes, but it also made me so excited because this particular student found a song that he really enjoyed, and I hope has caught the passion for music.  



Stop.


No comments:

Post a Comment