10.18.2011

A New Day, A New Beginning

When plans have shifted and all of a sudden I find myself facing a task that I had no intention of picking up and really did not want to balance in my already busy schedule, I can adjust and move forward making the best of the situation, or I can fight it and resent it.  Fighting and resenting is what I did yesterday.   I wasted a lot of energy fighting and resenting a situation that I cannot change.   By noon, I was exhausted and ready for bed.  I had cried, worried, and had an inner battle with everything I was feeling.  

Before Mark left for work yesterday, he said that there are times in life when we have to be fully present in the moment.   Even if we are in the middle of a task that we do not like, or do not want to be in, which for him was prepping the lawn for winter on Sunday, being fully present can bring the calm and rest in the situation rather than the emotional struggle I was facing yesterday.  

Oh, I wish I had listened and taken that to heart at seven o'clock yesterday morning rather than fighting it all day and finally accepting it just before going to bed last night.   I think the day overall would have been a much better day.  

This morning, I am grateful for a new beginning.   A new day to try again.   I am going to live fully in the moment of today and try to take it as the day comes, not worrying about tomorrow, the rest of the week, or the upcoming weeks.   For some reason this seems to be a struggle of mine.   I tend to give my worry up to God, only to find myself picking it back up again and carrying it around for a little longer.   I wonder why I do it to myself.   

By worrying about the future and what is coming, perhaps I am missing what God is trying to teach me or give me right now.   Perhaps He needs me to help someone else, and by fighting and resenting, I am missing an opportunity.  

"Give your entire attention to what God is doing right now, 
and don't get worked up about what may or may not happen tomorrow.  
God will help you deal with whatever hard things come up when the time comes."  
Matthew 6:34 Message


Today, I want to focus on what God is doing in my life "right now" and let tomorrow take care of itself.  


No comments:

Post a Comment