1.23.2012

Happy Birthday

I remember it like it was yesterday.   It was the first time we celebrated his birthday together.  We met for lunch which was one of our first dates outside of seeing each other at work.   He walked into the restaurant carrying a GAP bag with his "birthday gift to himself."   Besides liking him a great deal, I had no idea at the time how much I would come to love the person who was sitting across the table from me that day.  

Fifteen years later, on this day that celebrates him, I have so many things to be grateful for in this man.   As is the case with any relationship that spans the years, we have been through many ups and downs on this journey we call life.   Through it all, he has been a constant source of support, encouragement, strength, love, friendship, and joy, not only to me but also to our children.  

Happy Birthday to my Love.   As we celebrate you today, know that our lives are so much more rich and full because of who you are.  

1 comment: