1.13.2012

Five Minute Friday: Awake

Quiet Conversations

I lie awake in the dark before the house begins to stir, the only sound is the breathing of my husband next to me.   I lift him up in prayer this morning as his day at work is a full one of meetings and projects.    I think about my children in the rooms next to mine and what a gift they are in my life, a gift from above, and I thank God for them, for their laughter, their love, and the way they complete our family.    I pray that as they journey out into the world, beyond the protection of our home, that God would walk beside them and protect them, because he can be there, and I can't.  

As I begin the day and slowly everyone wakes up, I find comfort that while we go our separate ways, he will be with us.   I know that what ever our day has in store for us, he will be there guiding and supporting us. 

Not every morning allows for me to wake before the alarm and have these quiet conversations, often I find myself praying as I stumble out of bed jumping into the morning routine.   On the mornings that I do wake before the alarm, and the house is quiet, I cherish these conversations with Him. 


Linking up with Lisa-Jo for Five Minute Friday, today's word is awake.  



1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. Most important: comment and encourage the person who linked up before you.



No comments:

Post a Comment