11.14.2011

Making a Difference

Yesterday in church we learned about living a bold life for God.   The illustration given was that of a balance beam.   When we begin our walk with God we are so excited, standing tall, ready to walk across the beam with enthusiasm.

As life continues on, many of us find ourselves on the balance beam, yet now we are crawling across, yet still feeling like we are living a bold life for God.

More time passes, and now we are hanging on to the beam for dear life, arms and legs wrapped around it, and our bold move is to lift one hand off the beam, raise it to heaven and pray for safety.

The message has challenged me to examine my life and see where I am living the life that God has called me to live, or if there is an area where he is asking me to move forward, but I am clinging with dear life to the safety of my life right now. 

I read this post by Shaun Groves this morning from the Compassion Bloggers trip to Ecuador.   It touched my heart in so many ways.   Because everyone needs a hero, and sometimes being a hero is loving someone.   Isn't that what God does for us?  He loves us just because.

This week I am going to continue to pray about the message yesterday, but I find comfort in the fact that what we are doing already, loving the children in our home, city, and around the world makes a difference.   Maybe there will be more I am supposed to do, maybe right now I am doing what I need to do, either way, I want to live a bold life for God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment