11.14.2010

Banished

I just finished reading Banished by Julie Brock and Tom Rigby.    Set in the future, the president of the United States has passed a law that religion of any kind can no longer be practiced.  Despite the ban and risks involved, a group of Christians, who do not know each other,  gather together in an online environment in order to encourage each other and explore faith.   The story does a great job of portraying what life could look like if we had to hide our faith from the government.  

As I read this book I was drawn into the story and how real the government ban on life was.   It left me contemplating what a ban on religion would look like and how that would affect my daily life as a Christian.   I would like to hope that I would be as courageous as this group of Christians was in such circumstances.  

No comments:

Post a Comment