10.24.2010

Saying Goodbye For Now

Gazing out my kitchen window I see that the gardens are getting ready for their long winter nap.  


The brilliant reds, oranges, and yellows have become muted and beginning to turn brown.   Leaves are scattered over the lawns and gardens.   Today was a perfect day for fall clean up.....


Everyone helped...


Even Pix had a job breaking up the sticks...


Once all of the leaves were raked up...


The fun began...




 After the jumping ended, the leaves were then mulched for compost for next year's gardens...


The deck furniture was put into storage...


Ending the season of outdoor entertaining...


And for today, the clean up is done.  


It is a bittersweet time of year for me as I love the green of the gardens and the parties on the deck, but know that year round gardening would not be as enjoyable.  The season change is a good thing, and I am learning to enjoy aspect of each one.  As we enter the season of white landscapes and snuggling up by the fireplace, I say good-bye for now to the gardens. 

No comments:

Post a Comment