7.11.2010

Cleaning Day

Today was not the normal cleaning day.   We cleaned the outside of the house today.   The siding and the shutters.   Weird?   Maybe so, but I feel so much better now that it is done.

When grilling on the deck, right by the house, the siding has turned black.   I thought it was going bad and that it would have to be replaced someday.   My dad said that all that was needed was to clean the siding.   Easy enough, I can do that, (of course with the help of Mark, I can do that).



Before jumping to any conclusions about my being obsessive about cleaning, let me tell you this is the beginning of a bigger project.   I am on a mission to give our house a face lift.   The gray siding will be the base obviously, and we build from there.   We are still in the researching stage, so I don't want to give all of the details away, but stay tuned as I am hoping this project is able to proceed this summer.

Anyway, we gathered all of our cleaning supplies and started what I thought would be an all afternoon project.



Everyone was very excited to help.   I love it when the kids join in on the projects and we work together as a family.







Mark was a trooper and cleaned most of the house due to the height of the house and because that is just who he is.   He will do pretty much anything I ask him to do.   What a great guy!



We were all got wet and dirty from the project.



However, things moved along more quickly than I had anticipated, so with a few supplies, a couple of hours, and a lot of elbow grease, we have a finished project for today.


1 comment:

  1. Looks fabulous! I could use some of those young helpers around here!

    ReplyDelete