8.14.2012

The Gift of Time

Today Mark and I celebrate thirteen years of marriage.  To celebrate, we did something a little different than in years past. While the kids were away at camp, Mark took some time off of work and we spent seven days together, without kids. There was no schedule, we got to choose what we wanted to do each day. We played card games, went shopping for the kids' birthday presents, went to a party with friends, and watched movies.

The one constant this week was conversation.  We spent a lot of time just talking, connecting, and enjoying each others company without a lot of distractions. In a way, it was like a second honeymoon for us. 

This year our gift to each other was not something that was purchased or even made. I have a feeling though that it will be one of my favorite gifts we gave each other, the gift of time. 

 Happy Anniversary, My Love.   My life is so much better because of you.







No comments:

Post a Comment