8.05.2010

Recipes

Always needing something to do to occupy my free minutes, I am usually either working on a project or finding out what the next one will be.  Just because I am in the middle of a project, it doesn't mean that I have a lot of free time on my hands.  Actually a it will often happen when I am balancing many things and have very little free time.   Possibly it is because at these times I need something else to think about rather than the busyness going on around me, or possibly it is my way of accomplishing something when there is not much that can be "completed."   Whatever the reason, I am now in the middle of a project.   I knew it would be a lot of work, but I think today I realized how much work this project really is going to be. 

If you haven't guessed from this blog, or as a friend on Facebook, I love to bake.   Cooking brings a great deal of pleasure as well, but not like baking.   However due to the fact that I cannot eat everything I bake and maintain some semblance of a diet, cooking is a close second.   Cooking is also something I can do with Mark.   He and I love to be in the kitchen together creating a meal.   The satisfaction that comes when the meal is on the table is something we both enjoy.   Being that we both love to create things, we are always on the look out for new recipes.   Mark is always bringing home new cookbooks to peruse from the library and also watches the newspaper and magazines.   I get my resources from blogs and the internet.  In addition, there are always the family favorite recipes from when we were growing up that get mixed in as well.  

What has occurred as a result of these means of acquiring recipes is that we now have what feels like a multitude of cookbooks and a stack of papers that we never go through. Once we find a recipe we like, we will often say, "We need to make that again."   But, because of our current method of keeping recipes, it tends to fall to the bottom of the stack and never to be made again.  Another problem is sharing recipes.   If a friend or relative asks for a recipe, I have to search for the recipe and type it up, and often I never get around to this.   It is not intentional to forget, it just happens. 

My project is that I am going to create an online database of recipes that are all filed and organized so that I can access them more conveniently, and when someone wants a copy of the recipe, I can e-mail it right from the database.   (I love it!) 

With a couple of days already invested in the project, I now have these


and these



to go through which will be the most time intensive part of the project.  

No comments:

Post a Comment