5.30.2011

Success With Much Love and Support

The finish line has been crossed and people cheered us on from the starting line to the finish line.   I was amazed at how many people stood by the side of the road to cheer on the runners.    I am still processing the run, but what I do know is that I did the best I could do.   A friend of mine pointed out that four months ago, I was not a runner.   I was new to the health club and could hardly complete a 20 minute work out.   As of today, I have put over 100 miles on my running shoes and completed 13.11  miles at one time.   That is an accomplishment, and one I never thought I could say "I have done that". 

This post is not one to process the entire run because first, there are so many people I want to thank.   Without these people the finish line crossing would have looked so different, and possibly may not have happened.  




Mark.  The training schedule not only affected my days, but yours as well, with the early morning and going to bed while the sun was still up so that I would get enough sleep.  Your understanding is much appreciated when I would come home from a run so sore I had to sit on the couch a couple of times while you pulled the kids together and got things done.   I enjoyed our early morning conversations over coffee, something I hope continues in the future!  Your encouragement through the days when I was frustrated, and your enthusiasm when the runs were good is not forgotten.  Thank you for your constant support and for being at the finish line,  knowing you were there kept me going.  I love you and am so happy that you are my husband and best friend.

E and Addy.  You are amazing.  I appreciate your encouragement and excitement as I embarked on a new journey in my life.   It was fun to share each day's stats with you and the hugs and high fives you gave made it all the more fun.   I loved the signs and bell ringing that greeted me at the finish line.   I love you both so much! 

Dad.   To experience one of your passions with you for these past months means more than I can even put into words.   It is definitely something I will never forget.   Thank you for sharing your knowledge and getting me through so many of the unknowns.  Thank you for keeping me accountable in the early mornings, and for all of the conversations we had. 

Mom.   You told me that I can do whatever I put my mind to, and it gave me the confidence to even attempt this run.   Thank you for the continued support and encouragement, and thank you most of all for the mornings that you were home drinking coffee by yourself while Dad was running with me.   I know that took away from your time with him, and I do not take that for granted.  Thank you for being at the finish line, knowing you were there kept me going. 

Julie.   You asked a question that has transformed my life.   I have completed something I had never thought I would do.  Thank you for your friendship, support, and for the mornings that we ran even though it was cold and a cup of coffee sounded like a better idea.   I look forward to summer runs together. 

Leanna.   Thank you for the Tuesday night talks and the support and encouragement you gave during those talks.   I looked forward to each and every one of them!    Thanks go to you and your family for being at the finish line, it means so much that you gave up a holiday weekend to be here. 

To those who came to the post-race party.   Your coming to the party gave me something to look forward to when the nerves of the race were at an all time high.   The great company and good food were great thought distraction as the 13.11 miles passed by.

1 comment:

  1. You, my friend, inspire me - to do better, to be better, and to love better. Thanks for saying yes.

    ReplyDelete